Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Say Cheese…



Say Cheese

All of us would have observed that whenever a picture was being clicked, the photographer would always ask you to “Say Cheese”. I always wonder why? Coz if I was ever in the frame, I would say Cheese for the picture, but in my mind, I would be banging “Say No to Cheese Rupali, Say No, No no no no no”.

I knew, If I don’t say to Cheese now, then definitely the on lookers will be cheeseing AT me later(I know quite a cheesy statement ☺ but I mean will be mocking at me later ☺).

Hmm, I wonder what has cheese got to do with a smile!!! Anyone .. any guesses?

I did a bit of research on this and found that “By saying "cheese", most people form their mouths into what appears to be a smile-like shape. Additionally, the absurdity of saying "cheese" for no apparent reason can incite glee in some people.”

And trust me I am doing this right now in front of the mirror and wondering if it incites a glee in me. I tried using different terms to see if it brings a smile the photographer always looks for. So I found another term which is quite acceptable to me and that is “Say Wheeeeeeaaaaatttttt” (for some people even “Weed” or “treat” would work too ;)).

And to add to the above definition, it also says “As this practice became ingrained into modern western culture, it has taken on the simple role of a final warning before a photograph is taken.”

Now how many of you notice that it’s a FINAL WARNING before a photograph is taken. Dammm it.

Why is “Thin always in”? What’s wrong in being fat (I don’t like to use this word so I mostly ask people to call me healthy and not fat ☺)?

Like a true Indian Kareena Kapoor introduced “ZERO” yet again, yes she introduced “zero” figure. But wonder what goes wrong if you prefix that zero with a ‘3’ or ‘4’. After all, like appending any number to zero makes it much bigger and meaningful. Isn’t it? :)

To add to this, Pepsi introduced the new skinny can conflating them with woman’s body and reinforcing that the desirable female body is thin. Just so we don’t miss the point, the Pepsico press release refers to the can as “attractive” three times, twice with the phrase “slim, attractive.” Because ladies, never, ever forget: thin = beautiful. Always.
(Refer http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2011/02/09/thin-is-in-pepsis-new-skinny-can-to-debut-at-fashion-week/)

Does it matter? Thin or not thin, the ultimate result of this can would be the same. Isn’t it?

Anyways, so

Thin or not thin
Pepsi can for me goes to the bin


Fat or not fat
Who cares,…. Howzaaat !!! ☺


Cheese or Wheat
Go as you please ☺

_________________________________________________________________________________
PS: If you all really believe in charity, please click on the Ads that are displayed on top and end of each article. Please click it once and that will help me raise some funds for charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment